Oh Happy Day!
Well, it seems my last (first?) post was depressing, so I promise not to do that again....or do I?
Today, on my first day of going public here in Barnegat Light, I actually took a walk to the lighthouse and went to the coffee shop for my latte - both firsts in two weeks. My bruises from the nose surgery had cleared up enough to be covered with makeup, and so my 'coming out'. Then I settled in to our office-room to work on the new book. About mid afternoon the doorbell rang; Bob answered. It seemed it was a UPS delivery that he was denying. So I walked to the door to see what was the matter. Oh Happy Day!! How to describe the joy I got when I saw Helayna coming through the door with open arms, and Joey not far behind. Alli had called me earlier in the day for a brief 'how and what are you doing' conversation. So it was a conspiracy of surprise and incredibly successful. Helayna and I played games in the children's room and then went for a walk to the ocean beach, where we wrote love letters in the sand while the guys went fishing. To use Helayna's new favorite expression, my day was a wonderful surprise..."Oh, TOTALLY"! I'm all better now.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home