Good News Day
This has been a banner day for good news and it's not even noontime yet! We have good friends here in Barnegat Light, Dave and Nancy, who also own a motorhome and with whom we spent lots of time last winter in Key West (they just bought a second home there last fall). Upon their return to Barnegat Light this spring, Nancy learned that she had stage 4 cancer. It was a terrible shock; she is only 56 years old and there is no cancer in her family. She also never smoked a day in her life. Some of us in town have banded together to support them with dinners each week. Dave called me this morning to tell me that Nancy's tests have affirmed that the chemo and radiation are working! The doctor is so positive that he is beginning to plan repair to her bones that had been destroyed by the cancer. I'd say that's Good News! When I visited Nancy last week, she told me how surprised she was that several churches are praying for her. I told her that I firmly believed prayer to be very powerful. So I told my dinner group, 'praise the Lord and pass the food'!!
After I heard this good news I received a second phone call from son, Patrick. Patrick has been pursuing a legal battle with Amy for more than a year now to get Mikey professional help for his Asperger's Syndrome and to gain custody of him, another big part of my regular prayers. He and Amy met with their lawyers today. Patrick called me to tell me that he has been successful in getting Mikey the help that he needs. In addition Amy has agreed to giving him lots more visitation, including more summer time. And here's the best news (well, not really, the best news is that Mikey is going to get the professional help that he needs, but, well, you know).....
the agreement will include a week of visitation for Bob and me at Barnegat Light each summer!!!
I'm so happy today I could cry. In fact, I have cried for happiness. I know that God does not always answer our prayers in the way that we would want but in the plan that He has for each life. In this case it looks like He and I are thinking alike!! Thank you, Lord.

2 Comments:
Well Amen to that!That is wonderful news about your friend, she must be very strong! Yay for Mikey, too! Hopefully we will see him this summer, too!
Mom, I'm thrilled for you, for Mikey, for Nancy, for Pat, ... everyone. Yay!
Post a Comment
<< Home