Jean's Notebook

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Whirlwind

It's been quite busy here. We had three nights of guests, my mother's birthday and a weekend visit from Helayna. I want you to know that I succeeded in serving a 5 star meal on the first night of our guests and at least a four star meal on the second. All meals were accompanied by a separate set of matching placemats and napkins, too! I got to use my little seafood forks and three different sets of dinnerware. This does not count the Lenox that has been packed away
since we moved here. It was lots of fun. Entertaining is a lot of work, but the more I do it (here's one of those dots of wisdom, folks...) the more I know that preparing well ahead of time to the nth degree is the way to make it a success. Leave nothing undone to the last minute, that's my motto. I do admit, though, that Helayna ate lots of Uncrustables while she was here! :) Really, though, Alli and Joe, she ate lots of fresh fruits, carrots and green beans, too! Honest!

So I'll be posting pictures of last weekend when we did a photo shoot at the Pine Barrens version of the Grand Old Opry et al. Keep watching!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

really, there is nothing like a successful dinner party. i love it when you can sit back after everyone is gone with a glass of wine and just pat yourself on the back. nice going!

7:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and we get cheeseburgers, nice. Only kidding, it sounds like Helayna had a wonderful time this weekend! Thank you!

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home