On Turning Sixty
It's here...the week that I officially become sixty years old. I don't feel like sixty; most of the time I feel like sixteen. Honest. Of course the body doesn't live up to the sixteen number, but the me I know is just the same....only.....WISER! So, that's the difference. I think I'm wiser than ever before. Not wiser than every body because that would be a very very big stretch for me; I kind of started at a really 'not so wise' point and so I had a very long way to go. In fact, I'm sure there are those who would tell you that I'd never get there (my mother, for instance). But if you asked me how it feels to turn 60, that's what I would say, it feels like I'm getting inducted into that 'age of wisdom'. I don't feel old and I don't feel bad about this birthday. It feels very strange to me, like something out of the twilight zone. Good morning, Jean. You're sixty. Oh really? Wow. How'd that happen? Yes, I know I have a lot of miles behind me, but I'm still me and I still feel rather young. I still do stupid things and make dumb mistakes; sometimes I don't 'connect the dots' very quickly either. But wiser I am. It's all relative. I used to connect the dots very quickly earlier in life. I was quite good at it. Only thing was I didn't always connect the right dots to each other when all was said and done. They were connected, yes, but the outcome often wasn't very....well...wise. So if today I connect the dots more slowly, and I do, then it's because I've reached the age when I am cautious about which dots to connect to which and how to get from one to the other. Thus, the age of wisdom. I have a closetful of those spare dots that should have been connected but weren't and I've been collecting them for nigh on sixty years. So now I'm doling out those unconnected dots in the way of advice. Of course, no one wants them, but....HA HA get them you will!! So, celebrate my birthday with me, please, for you will be among the recipients of my "wisdom" from this point forward. ;)

2 Comments:
Happy, Happy Birthday Jean!! You don't look a day over 29.
You and all of your unconnected dots are welcome in our home anytime, for as long as you like. As long as you don't mind if we sometimes ignore the dots that you're offering us; we prefer your pot roast. :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home