Jean's Notebook

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Grace



This picture made me think of my sister's grace.

She always accepts what God gives her, not with anger, regret, certainly not with any retribution in mind, but with grace. She has been at Susie's side since knowing about the unexpected event, and in spite of our anger at Susie, she has handled it all with....GRACE. Even though my mother says she wants to kill Cindy for stealing all her things each night, Cindy welcomed her to Susie's bedside and encouraged her to stay for the birth. I mean really encouraged her to stay. And she did. Grace. When I saw this picture I wanted to cry. Who else but Cindy would be there for Susie through it all .....and now for little Peter. That would be my sister....Grace.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, too, love this photo. It is amazing in all that it says: the eyes say it all in all three of them. Cindy does have a transcendent grace, and I'm so happy that we have a new baby in the family to celebrate and watch grow. And buy for at Christmas. Just kidding. :-)

6:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This photo had the exact same effect on me. It just blew me away for the story it tells. On a totally superficial note, have you ever seen a woman make surgical scrubs looks sexy and stylish? Cindy does.

9:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ps - Peter is a beautiful baby and my god does that photo make me long for another baby!

9:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Susie really has no idea how lucky she is, I hope she realizes it soon enough to give thanks.

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home