September Birthdays

September was a great month for birthdays this year. My mom's birthday was a great success. I gave her a doll for her collection that she really loved. That's the first time I can remember giving her a gift that she loved, so it was special. She said the doll reminded her of her mother who always said that she had Indian blood (although in my geneaology research I never found that link). We went out for lunch and had a very nice day. I'm very thankful for that because such days are rare now with her.
She even let me take this picture. :0
And here is MY birthday gift from Patrick, Alyssa and Zoe. Look Closely.....

Yes, that's my IPOD! I didn't even know I needed one, but I do because now I don't go anywhere without it. And the very nicest part was that it was already loaded with some of my favorite music; everything from Willy Nelson to Melissa Etheridge and some of my favorite Broadway showtunes, too ("Tradition!"). I plan to take it on my next 5 hour train trip to Boston.
And this gift from Joe, Alli and Helayna......

Book and CD set

Now this was a very timely gift and I bet they didn't even realize the significance. You see, I fell in love with Elvis on my 10th birthday.
That's right, fifty years ago he appeared on the Ed Sullivan show that night. Our family lived in Rochester, NY and we were watching the show on our little black and white tv in the living room. (In those days black and white was state of the art and no one had more than one tv.) My sister and brother were not impressed with the show, but my life was changed forever. I remember that my father bought me my very first Elvis 45rpm record while we lived there, too. Funny the memories that linger.
Mom and I both received lovely flowers from Patrick and Holly. See? I told you it was a great birthday month!

3 Comments:
happy, happy birthday. love, sandie
Love the photo of Grammy and the doll. Nice job on the b'day present!
What a great month! YAY for Bammy and Grammy! Hey, what did Bob get you?
Post a Comment
<< Home