Jean's Notebook

Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year

Whew! It's over! I love Christmas but it's so very stressful. I think it's become a chore for a lot of busy people today. I wish there were a way to make it simple and meaningful again....and less costly! This year we put up our tree (pre-lit and artificial) for one day in order to let the grandchildren decorate it, then we took it down. Since that day after Thanksgiving the Christmas decorations in our house consisted only of a unique creche handmade from sheep's wool and four lovely handmade angel candleholders on the table. We didn't even have the obligatory wreath on the door. We held a dinner party one week before Christmas, and it was fine without all the Christmas paraphanalia. When I think of all the money spent on decorations over the years, and now I know you really don't need them! The funny thing is that we didn't do it to save money-we were just too busy with the book. So kids, take heed, all you need for Christmas is a happy heart and the people you love. Save your money! Happy New Year!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay, You're posting again! Happy New Year, Mom!

8:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen to that, Bammy!

6:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jean!!! You're on vacation for 5 months, it does rain there sometimes...write something!

8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home